The Exploding Piano

One day in Antiqueberg Theater a magician was doing a magic show. He was using a hundred year old piano. There were only two made. He had to be careful or the owner would kill him.
Duntduntdun!
In the show a guy put dynamite under the piano. He lit it. It exploded! The magician said sorry to the audience and called the assistant and a volunteer to help him.
The volunteer had a tiny green croc who knew magic. They tried a bunch of spells to fix the piano and finally after hours of trying, they fixed it. They were happy. The show went on.

by Clara

This entry was posted in 100wc, Elementary. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to The Exploding Piano

1. Mrs. P says:

Ah. The prompt must be about an exploding piano. I get it. I like the sound effects. I sang it out loud when I read it. It’s called onomatopeoia (words that sound like what they mean). Fun word. (Say it 10 times really fast!) Nice story!

2. Dr. Swan says:

This is a great story; I could see the theater, piano, and crocodile in my mind’s eye. Excellent use of specific words to create clear mental pictures.

Also, now I want to more about the pianos, and why there were only two made. Where is the other one? Who made them? Are they magic as well? I also think that the tiny green croc who knew magic is an excellent little detail that makes me want to read more about the story (and learn more about him and the volunteer). Well done!

3. April (Team 100wc) says:

Hi Clara,

Well what a show to witness! I like how it is packed full of magical people, animals and exploding props! I am so glad the panio got fixed, it would be a shame to waste such a beautiful antique.